When it arrived, I noticed that it didn’t feel like the tools I’d used in my previous work. I crimped some cables and noticed that the insulation wasn’t being clamped fully, so I ordered another from a different seller, and sure enough, a different-looking tool arrived. I tried re-crimping and had much better results.
I googled around to see if anyone had done a side-by-side comparison and couldn’t find anything. So, to (hopefully) save some other engineers the same heartbreak, I created an illustration of the differences between the two. Here you go!
If this article helped you out, leave a comment! If this helps at least one person out, it was all worthwhile 🙂